HIP? | Seller & Buyer | Estate & Managing Agents | Legal |Career| Join Us |Contact Us

Estate & Managing Agents - How Do I Provide A Home Information Pack 

An estate agent might choose to compile a Pack himself or use a third-party organisation to compile one on his behalf.

Alternatively, you can compile Packs yourself.

If you want to use a third party to compile Packs, you could consider approaching a solicitor, conveyancer or dedicated Pack provider. 

As an estate agent, you probably already have an excellent knowledge of solicitors in the local area - so you could contact those directly. 

If you want to use a dedicated pack provider, you can find contact details through HiP Association Group.

Once you have a completed Pack, give a copy to the seller and show it to potential buyers when they request it. Once an offer has been accepted, make sure a copy of the Pack is sent to the buyer's solicitor.

You will also need to make sure that the property's energy-performance details are available as part of the written particulars.

Written Particulars are defined as any description of the property which includes at least two of the following -
a) a photograph of the building or any room in the building;
b) a floor plan of the building; or
c) a description of the size of the rooms in the building
and a reference to giving written particulars includes a reference to giving or making available particulars electronically. See the Energy Performance of Buildings section at Communities and Local Government for more.

The documents that have to be included in a Pack from the first day of marketing include an index, an Energy Performance Certificate, the sales statement and evidence of title. 

For the other compulsory documents the local property searches and certain documents for leasehold properties the Government is initially allowing flexibility. 

Marketing can begin provided the missing documents are added to the Pack as soon as possible. There must be evidence in the Pack that these documents have already been commissioned.

Optional documents in the HIP include the Home Condition Report (HCR), which the Government strongly encourages sellers to include.